Well, I’m trying to restrain my over ambitious approach to setting goals and be more measured in my plans.
My overall aims (or what I call ‘dreams’) for the year 2014 are to:
- Self Publish ‘The Duke’s Shadow’ – which I hope to have done before my 50th year is out (February) but not holding my breath – as long as I get it done by end of June. I’ve just found a very reasonably priced copy editor who is going to go through the whole ms and check for errors etc. which has given me a bit more confidence. Now I just need to get the cover sorted…
- Complete rewrite of ‘Wolf Moon’ – my NaNo 2013 project. Hope to have completed this by the end of 2014, given how long it took me with The Duke!
- Continue to submit Penny and George scenes (‘The Good Life’) – for feedback on Writers Abroad and would like to start preparation for self publishing depending on how number 1 goes!
- Write regularly every week (target of 500 words per session), which I’ve already started and could be anything, a sort of muse a day… kind of thing
- Take part in the NaNo 2014 Challenge – hopefully inspired by something written in 4 but may well visit other projects…
Now I must take a deep breath and get down to it….